Town of Hudson, CO
The Town of Hudson is seeking an experienced management professional to provide positive leadership and direction to the Town.
The Town & Community
Hudson Colorado, a growing community with approximately 2,000 residents. is located in southeast Weld County. Founded in 1887 as a rail stop, it was incorporated in 1914. Hudson is located at the busy crossroads of CO Highway 52 and Interstate 76, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Denver. Residents enjoy the benefits of living in a small but growing rural community with easy access to the Denver-metro area.
In 2016 voters approved the Town’s home rule charter, formalizing its council-manager form of government.
Hudson is a full-service municipal government, providing municipal water, wastewater, police protection, streets and recreation services to its citizens. Over the years the Town has expanded its public infrastructure, including: a mechanical wastewater treatment facility, built in 2010; a water distribution system that includes 3.5 million gallons of storage capacity and three booster stations; a reverse osmosis water treatment facility; a one-acre fishing pond; a veteran’s memorial; new playground facilities; paved streets; and a new Town Hall, opened in April 2017.
The Town encourages and supports new development, but with a focus on quality rather than quantity. Seeing the Town grow in a deliberate, planned manner, while delivering good value to citizens in return for their taxes and fees is an overriding Town goal.
The Town Manager is a full-time, exempt, salaried position, that oversees the day-to-day operations of municipal functions. The Manager is accountable to and provides staff support to a seven-member Town Council. Council members, including the Mayor, are elected at-large to four-year terms.
This position is responsible for the general administration and enforcement of all regulations, polices, and ordinances of the Town and is subject to the directives of the Town Council. The position also:
- Manages, directs and supervises the daily activities and programs of the Town through the Town’s departments.
- Provides professional guidance, leadership and advice to the Town Council, develops and maintains quality customer service to citizens, and promotes consistency and transparency in the Town’s actions.
- Oversees all Town departments, excluding the Town Attorney and Municipal Judge.
Skills & Abilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate, assign, implement and evaluate the work of subordinate professional and technical employees.
- Solve problems through teamwork and team-building.
- Train and develop staff, both professionally and personally, using teamwork, education, training, job rotation, on other techniques for building staff capacity.
- Administer various contracts effectively, assuring compliance.
- Work effectively with the Management Team and Town departments and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, contractors, developers and the public.
- Communicate complex issues effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, forecast consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations.
Must have working knowledge of…
- Modern, advanced best-practices of public administration.
- The workings, laws and regulations affecting the operation of local government.
- Research methods and practices, sources and availability of information.
- Modern municipal public finance administration and practices.
- Risk management and insurance issues.
- Emergency & Disaster Management elements such as: NIMS, ICS, and the Disaster Cycle.
- Basic employment laws such as FLSA, ADA, HIPPA, COBRA, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, and Unemployment.
- Federal, state and local laws and ordinances regulating the Town’s operations.
- General development principles, methodologies, and techniques in retail, commercial and/or residential development.
- Infrastructure development and maintenance.
License and Certificates
- ICMA Member in good standing (preferred).
- Must possess a valid Colorado Class “C” Driver’s License throughout employment.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, or closely related field is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Administration is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in business and/or government, with a minimum of three (3) years of working in local government administration, finance, planning or a similar area; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a deputy, an assistant or administrator position is a plus.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job may be considered.
Note: Experience must be sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the various administrative and operational departments of a municipality in order to plan, organize, staff, implement, direct, coordinate, budget, evaluate work, and report on results for the Town as a whole entity.
Summary of Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range: $160,000—$175,000, plus, excellent benefits
The Town of Hudson offers an attractive benefit package which includes:
- Health Insurance- (Choice of Anthem Gold PPO or Bronze PPO and an HSA)
- Dental and Vision (Guardian)
- Group Life Ins. / AD&D (Guardian)
- Voluntary Life / AD&D (Guardian)
- Teledoc /App access (HealthiestYou)
- Optional 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (Empower)
- Optional Short-term Disability Plan
- Paid time off
Application materials accepted electronically at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach a cover letter, a resume, and contact information for 6 professional references.
Deadline: Friday, August 26, 2022 (5:00 PM Mountain)
KRW Associates LLC is assisting the Town of Hudson with this search.
Questions should be directed to: email@example.com
Or by phone to: KRW Managing Partner, Lorne Kramer at 719-310-8960, or
KRW Associates: Mark Collins at 307-460-1941 or Gina McGrail at 303-249-9572.
The Town of Hudson is equal opportunity employer.
To view the full posting, go to: www.KRW-Associates.com/open-positions
To apply for this job email your details to apply@KRW-associates.com