Town of Bennett
The Town of Bennett is hiring a Management Analyst I. Come join an amazing team where you can pioneer your ideas and bring innovation and creativity to one of the fastest growing communities in the Denver metropolitan area.
With an easy stress-free commute via I-70, Bennett has become a focal point for development and growth, making it a dynamic and exciting place to work. You will have an opportunity to be an important part of building a great community, with several active projects underway with major national homebuilders and new commercial projects. In the next five years, the Town anticipates the construction of over 1,000 residential and commercial buildings, with additional development in-process.
Our vibrant organization is staffed with highly motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and are diligently working to improve our community through local government. We work cohesively to solve problems, preserve our small town charm and pride ourselves on providing an atmosphere that encourages a positive work-life balance.
The Town of Bennett is committed to a fun, progressive learning environment that encourages staff mentorship and development. We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including flexible schedules, 100% premium paid health insurance for employees, a 401(k) match, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, access to mental health services, an annual pass to the Bennett Parks and Recreation District, sick and vacation accrual and a monetary allotment which can be used toward out-of-pocket medical expenses, dental and eye insurance and additional retirement savings.
The Management Analyst I serves as the Town’s economic development specialist and researches, proposes and implements economic development programs. Develops, coordinates and manages the business retention program, supports business recruitment efforts, and manages the business licensing program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. They are intended to be an accurate summary of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinates day-to-day operations related to the Economic Development Division, including but not limited to the Town’s business recruitment, retention and expansion efforts.
• Recruits new retail and small business opportunities to the Town, supports Bennett’s small business community, and maintains the Town’s business outreach database.
• Coordinates projects and marketing strategies by working with Town Staff and community leaders, determining needs, analyzing trends, scheduling and coordinating meetings, implementing strategies, preparing and submitting reports, and developing solutions and strategy analysis.
• Builds and maintains community relationships by representing the Town as liaison for the department, reporting and presenting to community groups, and serving on various committees.
• Conducts business retention visits, compiles data resulting from visits, logs all relevant data, and reports annually on trends with recommendations as to programs or policies to assist in business support.
• Assists in site analysis by preparing information packets, working with developers, realtors and area landowners, researching properties and businesses, and participating in facilitation of prospect tours. Prepares proposals to clients and responds to inquiries/requests for information.
• Prepares, administers and implements annual budgeting for assigned work areas within the departmental budget; forecasts necessary funding for economic related programs, submits budget recommendations and justifications, monitors expenditures against approved budget.
• Has a deep understanding of the various resources available to support small businesses offered by the SBDC and other local economic development organizations.
• Acts as the liaison to the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) consisting of business owners, community leaders and ED partners and help them identify needs of small businesses in Bennett and address those needs through the development of programs, services and tools.
• Coordinates Town of Bennett business licenses, managing the Town’s administrative review processes and keeping items on the website up-to-date.
• Provides exceptional customer service. Responds promptly to business needs so companies remain competitive and profitable in the community.
• Models teamwork, collaboration and organization values in developing and sustaining strong working bonds with commissions, volunteers, vendors, staff and other stakeholders.
• Assists with publicity events such as grand openings, ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, etc.
• Researches, prepares, and presents periodic reports on issues, projects, and operational statistics.
• May be assigned to develop, implement, and manage interdepartmental programs.
• Principles, procedures, and strategies of economic and community development and analysis in a government environment, planning and zoning, demographics, economic trends, forecasts, and impacts, and related principles and practices.
• Marketing and research methods, principles and procedures.
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Requires a minimum of one year of responsible professional experience in municipal government administration, economic development, or similar environment or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Hiring Salary Range:
$55,000 – $68,700 plus benefits.
To apply for this job please visit townofbennett.colorado.gov.