Website Larimer County
Larimer County has an opening for a Community Planning, Infrastructure, and Resources (CPIR) Director! This is a unique position that oversees Community Development, County Engineering, roads, bridges, parks and open space, transfer station, landfills and diversion programs, and The Ranch Fairgrounds and entertainment venue.
This position provides strategic direction, plans, supervises and coordinates the efforts of the CPIR service category Department Heads. Providing highly responsible and technical staff assistance, while coordinating activities with other County departments and cultivating relationships with peers and outside agencies at the local, state, and national levels.
Do not miss this opportunity, Apply Today!
Specifically, this position:
- Champions innovation and continuous process improvement within the CPIR category and County organization.
- Develops the mission and goals of the service category consistent with the Board of County Commissioners’ mission and goals.
Ensures that the division operates in full compliance with all County policies.
- Responds to the most difficult citizen complaints and requests for information.
- Evaluates the need for and develop plans and schedules for long-range service category programs.
- Manages the budget; reviews and approves expenditures.
- Reviews monthly cost and revenue reports for CPIR departments.
- Participates on a senior management team; reviews and resolves internal issues; develops and implements strategic direction for the organization; attends County meetings to represent the division before the Board of Commissioners.
- Serves as a member of the County’s Emergency Support Functions 1 and 3 – Transportation, Public Works, and Engineering – during emergencies and disasters, whether declared or undeclared.
- Assists the Office of Emergency Management in the execution of duties as needed to respond and recover from emergencies and disasters in Larimer County.
To view the full job description, visit https://www.larimer.gov/hr/careers/job-descriptions#/app/detail/Community_Planning,_Infrastructure,_and_Resources_Director
- We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Develop, communicate and implement a clearly defined and focused strategic vision.
- Apply engineering principles and practices including planning and development, land surveying, engineering design and construction, and operation and maintenance.
- Tackle technical, legal, and financial problems involved in the conduct of applicable County programs.
- Have knowledge of landfill operations, maintenance, and practices.
- Prepare comprehensive and complex technical reports.
- Accurately apply relevant laws, regulations, intergovernmental agreements, plans, policies, and procedures.
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the process.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional management experience, at least five (5) years of which shall have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity in local government required.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Civil Engineering, Public Administration, or a related field required.
- Equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Possession of a valid State of Colorado certificate of registration as a professional engineer is preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license is required.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term positions:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
Short and Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Critical Illness Insurance
Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match
457(b) Deferred Compensation
Paid time off including vacation, sick, and holidays
To view information on Larimer County’s Benefits, visit https://www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.