Website City of Boulder
About the Total Rewards Senior Manager Position
The Total Rewards Senior Manager oversees compensation, health and wellness, pension and voluntary retirement, and absence and leave programs. Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, the Senior Manager develops equitable plans to remain market competitive, maximize value, manage costs, and encourage well-being for a diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Senior Manager leads a team of six talented HR professionals to deliver timely program administration and comprehensive total rewards analysis to support business needs. As a team leader, the Senior Manager provides clear role and process definition and day-to-day direction, coaching, and development. The Senior Manager develops an engaged team culture by actively seeking input, involving team members in decision making, and fostering a climate of trust.
The Senior Manager is an active member of the HR leadership team and contributes to the development of the department’s business plan, budget, and priorities. A proactive leader, the Senior Manager routinely brings forward innovative ideas that blend HR best practices with the City’s culture.
Minimum Qualities and Experience
- Progressively responsible experience in compensation and benefits with at least three (3) years of related management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation principles, economic analysis, job evaluation methodologies, compensation structure design and maintenance, market pricing and pay range slotting, and short-term incentive plan design.
- Experience with broker partnership, benefits plan design, and self-funded medical and dental plan administration.
- Strong financial acumen with expert-level Excel skills and the ability to analyze, synthesize, and draw conclusions from data.
- Direct experience with HRIS configuration, benefits integrations, testing, and system upgrades.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, execution, and organizational change management.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws and human resources policy development and operations.
Preferred Qualities and Experience
- A master’s degree in human resources or related field.
- CBP and/or CCP.
- Change management certification.
- Experience with Workday.
- Direct experience with labor relations and negotiations.
Compensation and Benefits
The hiring range for the Total Rewards Senior Manager is $120,000 – $135,000 and will depend on the qualifications of the successful candidate. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the hiring range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, experience, education, training, or location. The City recognizes the importance of providing an encompassing benefits package to employees, including medical, dental, vision, and wellness. Additional information can be viewed here.
To Be Considered
The City celebrates and supports differences including, but not limited to, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, and sexuality. Applications will be accepted electronically by The Novak Consulting Group at https://bit.ly/3l0lZbe. Applicants complete a brief online form and are prompted to provide a cover letter and resume. Open until filled with ongoing review of applications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org