Website Town of Mt Crested Butte
Community Development Director Position
The Town of Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado is hiring a Community Development Director. The Community Development Director is responsible for organizing, directing, and coordinating activities and operations of the functions of the Community Development Department, including building, zoning, and planning. Direction is given to staff of technical and professional employees. Performs a variety of supervisory, administrative, technical, and professional work related to the development and implementation of land use and related short- and long-range plans and policies. A qualified candidate for this role is a strong teammate who is organized and well-versed in development planning and partnerships. The Town staff is small and nimble, wearing multiple hats and working closely together on special projects. The ability to work effectively with a team and across departments is essential.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework, a degree in land-use planning, urban planning, public administration, landscape architecture, or a closely related field.
• Seven years’ experience in rural or municipal planning.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience that the Town deems appropriate to perform the duties of the position.
• Member of the American Planning Association and AICP certification (or identified date for securing certification).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have a clean driving record and valid Driver’s license.
• Innovative, self-motivated, and able to problem-solve for a variety of situations.
• Organized, proactive, and solutions-oriented with a keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in group and individual situations.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to use independent judgement and assume responsibility for decisions and actions.
• Excellent listening and communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to ever-changing situations effectively and efficiently.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet assigned deadlines, and collaborate across a variety of teams, departments, and organizations.
• Knowledge of business attraction and retention programs.
• Knowledge of methods used in analyzing local economic trends and industry trends.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and County resources for economic development and business assistance.
• Knowledge of local land use development practices, zoning, and policies.
• Ability to supervise the work of professional consultants.
Starting salary range is $110,364 to $132,436, based on qualifications and experience. Housing or housing stipend may be part of the compensation package. The Town also offers an amazing benefits package, including paid health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family, 12 paid holidays a year, sick time, vacation time, 401(a) retirement account, and more.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is established, but preference will be given to complete applications received by February 6, 2023. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered.
For the full job description please go to www.mtcb.colorado.gov. If you have any questions, please email or call Tiffany O’Connell at email@example.com or 970-349-6632.
To apply please email your cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to Tiffany O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com