Website Town of Bennett
The Town of Bennett is looking for an exceptional executive assistant to support the Town Manager’s office. To be successful in this role the candidate must have strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills with a friendly and welcoming demeanor that will allow you to recognize and anticipate manager and organizational needs. The ideal candidate will show care and compassion for the managers, directors and town employees. The role needs someone to have fun but also recognize and balance work needs to be done. In addition, the role will need a strong communicator to listen to requests and communicate back to keep the Town Manager and staff supported and clarify issues. An ability to establish trust must be met and confidentiality at all times with sensitive and HR related duties. The role requires excellent organization skills and flexibility to pivot and adapt as urgent needs arise. Self management is required with initiative and independent judgement exercised daily. There is strong goal setting from management and the pace in the organization is fast and requires the need to get work done effectively, efficiently and detail oriented. Come join an amazing team where you can use your skills and ideas to bring innovation and creativity to a growing rural community on Colorado’s Eastern Plains.
With an easy stress-free commute via I-70, Bennett has become a focal point for development and growth, making it a dynamic and exciting place to work. In addition, our vibrant organization is staffed with highly motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and are diligently working to improve our community through local government. We work cohesively to tackle issues, preserve our small town charm and pride ourselves on providing an atmosphere that encourages a positive work-life balance.
The Town of Bennett is committed to a fun, progressive learning environment that encourages staff mentorship and development. We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including flexible schedules, 100% premium paid health insurance for employees, a 401(k) match, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, access to mental health services, an annual pass to the Bennett Parks and Recreation District, sick and vacation accrual, and a monetary allotment which can be used toward out-of-pocket medical expenses, dental and eye insurance and additional retirement savings.
Salary Range: $55,500- $80,000 plus benefits package.
Makes administrative decisions and supports executives via administrative and special assigned duties. Performs a broad range of administrative tasks for Town Leadership; including the Town Manager and Deputy Town Manager, and other Directors or management staff as assigned. Draws on emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to recognize and anticipate Manager and organizational needs. Utilizes verbal and written communication to understand and listen to requests and communicate back to keep the Town Manager and staff supported and clarify issues. Role requires an ability to establish trust and confidentiality at all times with sensitive and personnel related duties. Prepares confidential correspondence and maintains classified files. Supports HR functions with confidentiality and professionalism. Self-management is required with initiative and independent judgement exercised daily. Exercises frequent independent judgement within agreed-upon limits. Responsible for scheduling regular and special meetings and preparing agendas. Takes minutes of meetings, summarizes and distributes. Performs other high level secretarial functions, including receiving visitors, scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements. Work outcomes should be detail oriented, organized and timely. Works well under pressure, deadlines and urgent needs. May lead other employees concerning proper procedures, methods and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
• Manages the master calendars for Town Manager and Deputy Town Manager. Oversees Department Director Schedules and aids in time management and meeting organization. Reviews weekly with Directors each schedule and updates Town Manager and Deputy Town Manager. Navigates schedules to keep reasonable outcomes.
• Manages meeting room calendars, birthday calendars and others as assigned.
• Takes detailed notes and attendance of management meetings and all staff meetings. Document agendas in Smartsheet and create take-a-ways with notifications for staff. Follows up with action items with responsible directors/staff.
• Responsible for agenda creation for management and all staff meetings and others as assigned.
• Completes all travel arrangements for Town Manager, Deputy Town Manager and staff. Organizes and distributes schedules, arranges per diem requests and ensures travel arrangements are correct and up to date.
• Compiles receipts and reconciles monthly p-card reconciliations. Seeks appropriate approvals and remits to finance.
• Oversees assigned events such as State of the Town, Breakfast with Santa, lunches, staff events. Seeks approvals from Town Manager for events.
• Sources food, set up/clean up, including bi-weekly board meeting dinners, staff lunches, etc. Keeps kitchen clean, stocked and organized. Purchases monthly healthy snacks.
• Serves on the Town’s Welcome Committee, assists HR with in office support and keeps confidential HR files organized and maintained.
• Serves with HR to organize and plan town staff appreciation/health wellness/team building events.
• Manages employee directory in Smartsheet.
• Responsible for all aspects of Town Hall organization and coordination including clean and welcoming common areas, office supplies and arranges office repairs and maintenance.
• Completes variety of administrative support duties such as.
• Locates and attaches appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by Town Manager and Deputy Town Manager.
• Composes and types routine and special correspondence.
• Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
• Checks and delivers Town Manager and Deputy Town Manager mail.
• Answers and screens manager’s telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
• Conducts research, compiles and types statistical reports.
• Acts as a backup cashier and front desk support in emergencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit townofbennett.colorado.gov.