Website Clear Creek County
Clear Creek County, Colorado, is accepting applications for County Manager. This opportunity is perfect for a forward-thinking, fiscally-responsible, and creative individual interested in leading the County toward achieving its strategic goals.
Clear Creek County is just west of Denver in the Rocky Mountains. The County provides an excellent living environment, affording easy access to mountain recreation, in a rural atmosphere, a short drive away from the Denver metropolitan area. Should you be interested in working in a unique community with a wonderful employment environment, please apply.
The County Manager reports to a three-member Board of County Commissioners (Board), works in conjunction with the County Attorney, and supervises eight direct reports. The County Manager directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of the County in support of the policies, goals and objectives established by the Board.
Essential duties include:
• Supervising, coordinating, and directing all administrative and management functions of the County’s departments and agencies under direct jurisdiction or fiscal control of the Board
• Overseeing the day to day operations of all County government functions
• Prepare and Submit the Annual Budget in coordination with the Finance Director
• Strategic Planning and Organizational Improvement
• Community and Intergovernmental Relations
The Board’s ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Masters preferred
• Five years of management level experience in business, industry or government
• ICMA Credentialed Manager (preferred, not required)
• Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills, and knowledge of public sector finance, budgeting, human resources, and public administration
Compensation & Benefits:
Starting salary range is $164,400 to $189,900, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Clear Creek County also offers a competitive benefits package.
For more information about Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the County Manager position contact Cate Gremillion, firstname.lastname@example.org, and in subject line add ‘County Background Info Requested’.
To apply, please use link provided in this posting.
Applicant materials submitted after the deadline may be considered, as position will remain open until filled.
Clear Creek County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The recruiting timetable, which is subject to change as circumstances warrant, is as follows:
February 16 Publish Job Announcement
March 12 Deadline for applications
March 16 Select first tier of applicants
March 18 Send questionnaire to first tier of applicants
March 29 Questionnaire responses due
March 30 Select applicants for interviews
March 31 Notify interview candidates
April 10, 11 or April 17, 18 County tour for interview candidates (tentative) Saturday or Sunday (not both)
Monday, April 12 or Monday April 19 Interviews
Decision on Interviews
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.