Website City & County of Denver - Public Library
To support our vision of a strong community where everyone thrives and achieves our mission of: together, we create welcoming spaces where all are free to explore and connect, Denver Public Library is looking to hire a Grant Administrator. Reporting to the Manager of Resource Development and Community Partnerships, this position is based in the Communications and Community Engagement Department (CCE) at the Central Library and supports DPL’s system of 27 locations and three bookmobiles. CCE is a dynamic department, managing DPL marketing, communications, resource development, community partnerships, outreach and community engagement.
The person in this role will support full service grant administration for a wide variety of programs and projects, including but not limited to: youth services, particularly early childhood education; special collections and digital archives; equity, diversity and inclusion; supporting people experiencing homelessness and life challenges; serving immigrants and refugees; serving older adults; and capital requests.
In this position, you will:
- Build productive working relationships with a wide variety of staff and partners to facilitate successful grant proposals, demonstrating DPL values of welcoming, curiosity, connection, equity and stewardship.
- Develop and implement annual grant strategy to meet organizational funding goals and priorities alongside Manager of Resource Development and Community Partnerships, Denver Public Library Friends Foundation, and DPL Executive and Finance Teams.
- Maintain and grow strong relationships with private and public funders, communicating consistently and effectively verbally and in writing throughout the grant process.
- Meet with internal teams and individuals to connect organizational priorities to funding opportunities, and develop aligned and engaging grant projects plans.
- Research, write and submit timely and compelling grant proposals and reports to support DPL’s organizational priorities, including (but not limited to) the following areas: youth services, particularly early childhood education and teen services; special collections and digital archives; equity, diversity and inclusion; supporting people experiencing homelessness and life challenges; serving immigrants and refugees; serving older adults; and capital requests.
- Appropriately track grant awards and manage project deliverables and spending in coordination with project leads and DPL Finance Team.
- Act as DPL’s grant liaison with City & County of Denver’s interagency team.
- Work with Grant Coordinator to provide prospect research to identify grant resources including, but not limited to federal, state, local, and private foundation sources.
Regularly analyze program-related data and evaluations, to enhance and advance the organization’s needs statement and proposals.
- Maintain professional and confidential management and tracking of all grant documents, data, funding status, and funder contact information.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
To apply for this job please visit denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.